Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Students who are studying Japanese

Students of AGU met students of University of Maryland who are studying Japanese. We ate lunch together and talked about Japan, America, school life, family, friends, and so on. We taught English and Japanese each other. It was very interesting that I talked with Non-Japanese about Japan. I cannot understand Japanese values well because I’m Japanese. So today’s experience was very good opportunity to know more about Japan. We had a very fun. Afterwards, we met mentors and went to the Kennedy Center. And we could listen to very exciting jazz concert for free. It was so nice!! Then long way for dinner made us very tired. We chose sushi for dinner which was a little expensive and had to walk very long way. It was good but I like Japanese sushi better. I enjoyed today very much.

BubbleShare: Share photos - Create and Share Crafts

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi Kyoko,
It sounds like you are having a good time in Maryland. I'm excited to continue to talk with you.

Nina Liakos said...

I am glad you had a lot of fun talking with those American students. It was a precious opportunity! It can be difficult to find American students who are not away on vacation the first two weeks of August, so I am really happy that these students were available to meet with you and the group.

Now that you have tried American sushi, you can go back to trying lots of different kinds of American and ethnic foods while you are here! You can always get sushi in Japan! :-) And I am sure it is better than what you had here.

Hiromi said...

Hello, Kyoko!
Meeting the people who study and speak Japanese is really interesting, isn't it? I once had an oppotunity to do so just like you, and after that, it made me think about who I am and how I should talk about the Japanese culture to the others throughout the world.

Also, Otsukaresama for waiting for the dinner! Hahaha. ^^